The Thanet Over Fifties Forum, or "TOFFs" for short, was launched in September 2017. Its purpose is to inform and raise the voice of Thanet's older residents on matters of local and national interest.
TOFFs is a membership body - but the great news is that subscription to TOFFs is absolutely FREE and the only criterion for membership is that you are over 50 years of age.
* Invitations to FREE bi-monthly meetings with excellent guest speakers on topics of interest chosen by the members. Please visit our Events page
for details of upcoming meetings
* FREE bi-monthly newsletters containing a wealth of information on subjects which matter to you
* Additional communications on faster moving issues locally and nationally
* Opportunities to go on informative trips (e.g. to the Houses of Parliament), screenings and other events
* Access to, and updates on, campaigns and petitions
* An opportunity to make new friends
Over the past year we have held meetings on a range of subjects which our membership said they would like to know more about, such as:
* Social and Community Care
* Age Discrimination in Employment
* Pensions and Benefits
We are affiliated to the National Pensioners Convention (NPC)
, and other over fifties forums across Kent and nationally.
We have welcomed representatives from a range of organisations to our recent TOFFs meetings, including Thanet Clinical Commissioning Group (regarding changes to the provision of stroke care in Kent), Kent Police (on scam awareness), Kent Community Wardens (on community and personal safety), and many more top-quality speakers besides.
The TOFFs co-ordinator is Pauline Petitt, herself a Thanet resident. Pauline is ably assisted by an ever-growing group of brilliant volunteers who help with everything from promotion and publicity, to ensuring meetings run smoothly.
In the year ahead, we would like to form a volunteer-led management committee to run TOFFS, supported by the coordinator. If you would be interested in helping to form TOFFS’ first ever committee, we would love to hear from you, via email@example.com, 01843 609337, or at the next TOFFS Forum Meeting.
If you would like to become a member of TOFFs, please do call us on 01843 609337, or alternatively contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you to sign up.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
We would like to express our grateful thanks to the Big Lottery Fund
and to Healthwatch Kent
, who enable TOFFs to achieve its outcomes, through their funding support.