Your privacy is extremely important to us. This policy explains what personal information we collect, how we use it and how you can check and update any of your personal information, unsubscribe or remove yourself from our services.
Under the terms of the GDPR, the lawful basis on which we process your personal data is ‘Contractual’. By registering to use our services, you will be entering into an agreement with Kent Coast Volunteering which allows us to record and process your personal information to enable us to fulfil your request. We will only use information for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
We promise to:
- Keep your data safe and private
- Not to sell your data
- To give you ways to easily unsubscribe, check or remove your data from our systems
Whilst we use all reasonable measures to protect your security, we deem it prudent to advise users that data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as 100% secure, and therefore you use the website at your own risk.
Please note that to receive any information on Kent Coast Volunteering’s services, events, activities, training and development opportunities offered by us and third-party providers, etc, we will need you to give your consent.
This consent is NOT a precondition of us providing a service to you and is optional. If you give your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
How do we collect information?
We collect information when you register to use our services and if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect about you includes things like:
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, gender, age and any other personal information relevant to the service(s) you have registered for.
How we use your information
We use and analyse your information to help us provide and improve our services, sometimes we'll anonymise this information, so you won't be identified.
Specifically, we use your information to:
- To provide the service(s) you registered for.
- Contact you to enquire about the outcome of the enquiry or referral.
- Contact you for feedback on our or our referral organisations services.
- Produce anonymised statistical reports.
- Undertake research to help plan and improve our services.
Where you have given your consent, for Kent Coast Volunteering to provide you with additional information we may occasionally contact you to share information about matters that we think may be of interest, including:
- Relevant information, by newsletter or email bulletins, about our services, events, activities, training and development opportunities offered by us and third-party providers, etc.
In this respect, this consent is not a precondition of us providing our services to you and is optional. We will not pass on your details to any third-party. You may withdraw this consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email or by contacting us.
Do we disclose any information to third-parties?
We respect your privacy and will not share your information without your permission. Any information collected is used only for its intended purpose.
We will not share any of your details with another organisation for any other reason than actioning your request.
Where you register your information to use our services, we only pass on information to the relevant third-party eg:
If you are an individual:
- When you register on our volunteer database and express an interest in volunteering for an organisation we may pass on your name, telephone number, email address and town of residence.
- When you register your information on our contact form we may pass on your name, address, telephone number, email address and any other information relevant to your enquiry.
If you are an organisation:
- When an individual expresses an interest in your service or volunteering opportunity, we may pass on your name, telephone number, email address and any other contact information you provided.
We have third party data protection agreements with trusted third-party partners who assist us in operating our website or conducting our business. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Processing and storing your information via third-party organisations
We use third-party cloud storage providers, email providers, email marketing and CRM systems to support us with storing and sharing your information. All the organisations we use are committed to meeting the data protection standards of the GDPR.
Your information may be stored or shared with any of the following providers listed below; you can find out more information on their GDPR compliance via the links.